Up to £14 per hour
27 days ago
Role: Deputy Service Manager- Supported Living
Location: Stroud - Split between registered office and assigned services
Contract: Full time
Pay: £14 per hour/£30k + per year
I am looking for Deputy Manager to work with a charity who support adults with learning disabilities. The objective of the role is to support the manager and your team to develop and grow, in order to give the end services the choices you and I take for granted.
Initially this will start as a temporary contract from 4-6 weeks with the potential of moving into a temp to perm contract.
May be required to deputise for their line manager in their absence for example to cover for annual
leave or any unplanned absences and may be part of a peer group of Deputy managers collaboratively working together across the services being led by the SM.
- Coaching and mentoring new colleagues.
- Demonstrating practice leadership.
- Monitoring the levels of Person-Centred Active Support (PCAS) being demonstrated and looking for ways we can continually improve.
- Observing, coaching and giving feedback to colleagues who are working towards their Care Certificate on how well they demonstrate the required skills, knowledge and behaviours.
Quality, Safety and Compliance
- Supporting the SM to understand, manage and ensure the delivery of the service's key quality and safety priorities,such as incident / accident management, safeguarding, risk management, internal assurance (Quality Assurance Framework) and regulatory requirements / actions (CQC, HSE, Local Authority, etc.), complaints resolution, etc.
- Work in partnership with the SM to ensure that the necessary risk assessments for the people we support, and your team, are in place at all times and implemented to a high standard.
- Ensure the rights of people we support are promoted and always respected in line with the Human Rights Act, Mental Capacity Act and all Deprivation of Liberty guidelines and Hft policies and procedures.
- Actively promote and visibly adhere to organisational governance regimes and ensure effective processes and working environments are in place to manage and minimise risk on a day-to-day basis, promptly highlight anything that is beyond your control or needs escalation to the registered manager
- Reviewing and updating life plans on a regular basis.
- As a minimum the DSM will be required to have a Level 4 Lead Practitioner Diploma in Adult Care or hold a Level 3 diploma and be willing to undertake this apprenticeship qualification within an agreed reasonable timescale as part of a development plan.
- Knowledge of legislation and guidance relating to adults with learning disabilities
- Knowledge of CQC regulations
- Knowledge of Safeguarding regulations
- Knowledge of Health and safety regulations
- Knowledge of Positive Behavioural Support management and techniques
Skills & Behaviour:
- Ability to think operationally
- Ability to lead and manage people and be a role model in all aspects of people leadership especially performance
- Ability to communicate effectively with a supported person and their family/carer and other professionals.
- Proficient MS Office skills and bespoke IT systems and Rota management systems such as Access People Planner
- Manage time and resources effectively and efficiently
Essential: Driving liscence with access to vehicle
DBS on the update service is prefered but not essential
If you belive you could excel in this role then we want to hear from you!
Call Josh on 01179486300 or email