£23114 - £24114 per annum + Holiday, reward schemes, full training
12 days ago
ROLE: Residential Support Worker
CONTRACT: Full time (day and waking night roles are available)
Are you looking for job within the health and social care sector, where you can really make a long term difference to the people you support? If yes then read on.
We are looking passionate Support Workers who want to improve the lifes on young people in care.
This is an exciting career opportunity to work with one of our clients in Emerson Green, Bristol. This role is working within a secure children's home, providing high-quality, specialist accommodation for young people between the ages of 10 and 18. The centre houses vulnerable young people, many of whom have complex problems and need intensive support to help them turn their lives around.
In return for your demanding work and commitment, working for this organisation can offer you some fantastic benefits:
- Competitive salary - Starting £23,114 with a third time enhancement for unsocial hours + allowances.
- Pension - Contributory career average salary pension scheme
- Paid annual leave
- Dedicated training
- Full training and induction to support your patient care journey.
- Discounts and schemes
- Discounted travel, up to 20% off Southwestern Railway.
- Drive an electric or plug-in hybrid car
- New Salary Sacrifice Scheme.
What will be your primary responsibilities?
- Act as a 'keyworker' for young people and be a role model with a socially desired behaviour
- To monitor all young people at night at least every fifteen minutes to ensure they are safe and secure.
- Engage, stimulate, and appropriately challenge
- To safeguard and provide consistency and stability
- To provide advocacy and act with sensitivity
- Administer medication where needed
- Maintain adequate records and undertake site risk assessments
- Write reports and care planning documentation with the use of IT skills
- To undertake social duties, including talking with young people and reassuring them to enable them to sleep at night.
Who we are looking for?
A background in care is not essential but desirable. To apply for this post, you will have: " A passion for care as well as following compassion in practice. " Verbal communication skills to ensure information is shared seamlessly " The ability to work effectively as part of a team " The ability to remain calm and manage challenging situations is imperative " The ability to build rapport quickly and work compassionately with our young people " A flexible and enthusiastic "can do" approach to work.
If this job is of interest then please click "apply" or give Joe a call on 0117 9486300. #SGCC10