Up to £13 per hour
26 days ago
Young Person's Support Worker (Driver required)
Contract: Agency (no minimum hours required)
Pay rate: £10.42 - £13 per hour (PAYE) *subject to change with minimum wage in April 2024*
Please note that we are unable to offer sponsorship for any agency or permanent positions.
What will you be doing?
Often your role will be supporting individuals within their residential home to promote independence and aid with fulfilling life skills and house tasks in addition to helping engage within their local community. Tasks may differ on who you support however consultants will be able to provide an overview of what you can expect prior to you accepting a shift as we work with a variety of organisations.
Depending on the service, you may be working alongside permanent staff or on a 1:1 basis to help deliver support and the highest standard of support. You can expand your experience and skills set with all the FREE training we provide. There's no fee to attend the training and no fee for you to obtain your certificate's - we're passionate about investing in you!
- Due to the needs of our clients at present, you must be a driver with access to your own vehicle
- 6 months UK based care experience in the last year OR a year in the last 5 years
- Right to work in the UK (we do not offer sponsorship)
- Willing to undergo DBS and reference checks
- Willing to undertake personal care where required
- To be approachable, friendly, proactive and engage with the services users
- Great communication, organisational and interpersonal skills
Benefits of joining us:
- Weekly pay and paid PAYE (We do not use umbrella companies - meaning you accrue holiday pay and no hidden fees)
- 24/7 contact with Brook Street Social Care
- Pension scheme entitlement
- Double pay on Bank Holidays
- Separate holiday pay (you have a whole year to use it)
- Access to specialist support through our Mental Health First Aiders
- Online time sheets and payslips
- Opportunity to work in various of settings and gain experience
- Free training and refreshers provided including Manual handling, Medication, PBM and more! No fee for certificates!
Once you have applied, your application will be reviewed and if you have met the requirements mentioned above, a member of the team will be in touch to discuss the process in further detail and get an understanding of what your preferences are.
Please note that our on-boarding is via an online portal, however our compliance team will be there to support you throughout this process to clear you to work with us as quick as possible.
Once you've cleared, the team will offer you shifts based on your availability, location, preferences, and training to ensure we're finding the right type of work for you!
If this opportunity sounds like something you're interested in, please apply today!